Monday, February 11, 2013

New Chapter!


            As we read the new chapter in our textbook for homework I learned about several new things, including: barbarians, megaliths, tribes, and people from both the west and Indo-European areas. As I read the chapter I learned the importance of these terms and what they actually meant. There were also many examples for each of the terms that I found. As I continue on I will explain them.
            The first term is called barbarian; in my own words I described it as a human that lived around in early times and whose job it was to raid or sack other villages or civilizations. The Vikings could be thought as one of the groups of barbarians as they attacked all sorts of placed throughout their lifetime. The second term is called a megalith; these giant structures were often built for some form of religious practice or to show power. One example is Stone Hedge which was used by cultists long ago. The third term is known as a tribe; tribes were more often seen in older civilizations and were just small groups of people, which sometimes migrated like a nomad. Yet another term used in the reading was Indo-European, these people were the first to migrate to Europe from other places including modern day Russia. The final term I included from the reading was Western, this term in the book is used to describe a group of people who first got to Europe which was in a western direction from where they came.
            Through reading LO-1 of this new chapter I learned many new terms, places, and names that I’ve never heard before. I also learned that these discoveries and inventions were some of the most significant for their time and even now. I think it’d be cool to go back and see how they built these and maybe even meet Socrates….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment